CS/CS/SB 1218: Public Safety
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Criminal Justice ; Brandes
Public Safety; Creating the Florida Correctional Operations Oversight Council within the Office of Chief Inspector General; authorizing a mutual aid agreement in the event of a declared state of emergency for certain law enforcement purposes; requiring each judicial circuit to establish a Driver License Reinstatement Days program for reinstating suspended driver licenses in certain circumstances; authorizing a court to impose a sentence other than a mandatory minimum term of imprisonment and mandatory fine for a person convicted of trafficking if the court makes certain findings on the record, etc. APPROPRIATION: $1,955,929.00
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 491 (Ch. 2018-49), CS/HB 547 (Ch. 2018-92), HB 1201 (Ch. 2018-104), CS/CS/SB 1392 (Ch. 2018-127)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 91
• Introduced -SJ 91
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/29/18, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 4 NAYS 1 -SJ 227
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 233
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice -SJ 227
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 02/21/18, 1:30 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 385
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 385
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/02/18, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 13 NAYS 5 -SJ 753
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 753
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 721, 723
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 491 (Ch. 2018-49), CS/HB 547 (Ch. 2018-92), HB 1201 (Ch. 2018-104), CS/CS/SB 1392 (Ch. 2018-127)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.