SJR 1742: Supermajority Vote Required to Increase State Tax Revenues by Increasing Taxes
JOINT RESOLUTION by Stargel
Supermajority Vote Required to Increase State Tax Revenues by Increasing Taxes; Proposing an amendment to the State Constitution to require a law that imposes a new tax, increases the rate or amount of a tax, or expands a tax base, and that results in a net increase in state revenues, to be approved by three-fifths of the membership of each house of the Legislature, etc.
• Referred to Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 189
• Introduced -SJ 189
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax, 01/29/18, 1:30 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; YEAS 4 NAYS 2 -SJ 243
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 243
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.