CS/CS/HB 1: The Hope Scholarship Program
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee ; Donalds ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Olszewski
The Hope Scholarship Program; Establishes Hope Scholarship Program; provides requirements for such program; authorizes certain persons to elect to direct certain state sales & use tax revenue to be transferred for Hope Scholarship Program; provides penalties; make specified information available to scholarship-funding organizations; authorizes DOR to adopt emergency rules for specified purposes; revises provisions relating to certain private schools. APPROPRIATION: $2,000,000.00
Last Action: 2/13/2018 House - Placed on Calendar -HJ 562
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee; PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 11
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee, 11/08/17, 4:00 pm, Mashburn Hall
• Favorable by PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 5 -HJ 252
• Now in PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 252
• Introduced -HJ 11
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee, 01/30/18, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 4 -HJ 475
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 465
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 491
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 02/07/18, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS/CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 4 -HJ 559
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 553
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 562
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.