CS/CS/SB 1396: Judicial Branch
Judicial Branch; Authorizing certain Supreme Court Justices to have an appropriate facility in their district of residence designated as their official headquarters; adding judges to the Ninth Judicial Circuit Court; requiring sheriffs to provide security for trial court facilities; increasing the limit of the amount in controversy in certain actions at law under which the county court has original jurisdiction of such actions, etc.
Last Action: 3/8/2018 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to CS/HB 7061 -SJ 998
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 164
• Introduced -SJ 164
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/25/18, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 227
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice -SJ 227
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 234
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 02/14/18, 1:30 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 354
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 354
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/02/18, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 807
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 807
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/08/18 -SJ 1002
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 808
• Read 2nd time -SJ 997
• Substituted CS/HB 7061 -SJ 998
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/HB 7061 -SJ 998
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.