CS/HB 307: Florida Commission on Human Relations
GENERAL BILL by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee ; Antone ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Peters ; Pritchett ; Russell
Florida Commission on Human Relations; Provides quorum requirements for Commission on Human Relations & its panels; revises number of persons commission may recommend for Florida Civil Rights Hall of Fame; requires commission to provide notice to aggrieved person in certain circumstances; provides limitation on time civil action may be filed after alleged violation of Florida Civil Rights Act; revises length of time commission or AG has to resolve complaint of discrimination in club membership; revises timeline relating to complaints alleging prohibited personnel action.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
Bill Text: PDF
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 30
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee, 11/08/17, 1:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 253
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee -HJ 250
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee, 12/06/17, 4:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 256
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 250
• Introduced -HJ 30
• CS by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 247
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/21/18, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 671
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 671
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/28/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 725
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 766
• CS passed; YEAS 113 NAYS 0 -HJ 766
• In Messages
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 568
• Received -SJ 568
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.