HB 617: Covenants and Restrictions
GENERAL BILL by Edwards-Walpole ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Boyd ; Caldwell
Covenants and Restrictions; Authorizes certain parcel owners of a community not subject to HOA to use specified procedures to revive certain covenants or restrictions; revises interests & rights protected by filing for record within specified timeframe; revises & provides provisions relating to covenants and restrictions, including extinguishment, validity of notice, length of time certain covenants and restrictions are preserved, filing of notices, notice content requirements, requirements of property associations, & validity & enforceability.
• Referred to Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 55
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee, 12/06/17, 4:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -HJ 259
• Now in Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee -HJ 259
• On Committee agenda-- Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee, 01/10/18, 3:30 pm, 12 HOB
• Introduced -HJ 55
• Favorable by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 313
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 313
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/01/18, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 481
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 481
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 836
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 903
• Amendment(s) adopted (986135) -HJ 903
• Passed as amended; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 903
• In Messages
• Referred to Community Affairs; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 725
• Received -SJ 761
• Withdrawn from Community Affairs; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 748
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 784
• Substituted for CS/SB 266 -SJ 747
• Read 2nd time -SJ 747
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 846
• Passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 846, 847
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1078
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2018-55
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.