The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
SB 660: Florida Insurance Code Exemption for Nonprofit Religious Organizations
GENERAL BILL by Brandes
Florida Insurance Code Exemption for Nonprofit Religious Organizations; Revising criteria under which a nonprofit religious organization that facilitates the sharing of contributions among its participants for financial, physical, or medical needs is exempt from requirements of the code, etc.
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 53
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 12/05/17, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/10/18, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 53
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 141
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 141
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/18/18, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 204
• Now in Rules -SJ 204
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 01/25/18, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 227
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 227
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/08/18 -SJ 336
• Read 2nd time -SJ 315
• Amendment(s) adopted (394130) -SJ 315
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 316
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 370
• Passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 370
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 944
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/18
• Received -HJ 944
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1004
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 1021 -HJ 1004
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1039
• Passed; YEAS 89 NAYS 27 -HJ 1039
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 881, 882
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2018-25
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.