The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/CS/SB 826: Taxpayers’ Rights Advocate
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Hukill
Taxpayers’ Rights Advocate; Providing for the appointment of the taxpayers’ rights advocate within the Department of Revenue by the Chief Inspector General rather than by the department’s executive director; revising the supervisory authority over the taxpayers’ rights advocate; providing that the taxpayers’ rights advocate may be removed from office only by the Chief Inspector General, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7087 (Ch. 2018-118)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax (AFT)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Rules -SJ 64
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 01/10/18, 9:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 64
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 142
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 159
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax -SJ 142
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax, 02/05/18, 4:30 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 297
• Now in Rules -SJ 297
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/15/18, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 353
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 353
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 356
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7087 (Ch. 2018-118)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.