The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/SB 90: Use of Wireless Communications Devices While Driving
GENERAL BILL by Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities ; Perry ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Garcia ; Mayfield ; Rodriguez ; Campbell ; Baxley ; Stewart ; Taddeo ; Young
Use of Wireless Communications Devices While Driving; Revising the legislative intent relating to the authorization of law enforcement officers to stop motor vehicles and issue citations to persons who are texting while driving; requiring deposit of fines into the Emergency Medical Services Trust Fund; requiring a law enforcement officer to inform a person who is stopped for texting while driving of the person’s right to decline a search of his or her wireless communications device, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in Appropriations
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities (CU)
- Transportation (TR)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development (ATD)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; Transportation; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 14
• On Committee agenda-- Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities, 10/24/17, 3:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; YEAS 7 NAYS 1 -SJ 104
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Transportation -SJ 104
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 01/10/18, 2:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 14
• CS by Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities read 1st time -SJ 93
• Favorable by Transportation; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 141
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development -SJ 141
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development, 01/23/18, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; YEAS 8 NAYS 2 -SJ 228
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 228
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.