CS/CS/HB 947: Behavioral Health of Minors
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Committee ; Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee ; Payne ; Silvers ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Massullo
Behavioral Health of Minors; Revises deadlines for submission of documentation regarding involuntary examinations; establishes priority for mental health training by school resource officers & school safety officers; requires parental notification prior to removing student for involuntary examination; revises responsibilities of DOE & Statewide Office for Suicide Prevention; revises criteria for designation as Certified Suicide Prevention School; requires department, school district, & each school to post certain information regarding Certified Suicide Prevention Schools on its website.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in Messages
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 82
• Introduced -HJ 82
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee, 01/30/18, 8:30 am, 12 HOB
• CS by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 476
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 481
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 491
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 02/07/18, 10:30 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -HJ 559
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 556
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 562
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 831
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 895
• CS passed; YEAS 112 NAYS 0 -HJ 895
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.