CS/CS/SB 1070: Continuing Care Contracts
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Banking and Insurance ; Lee
Continuing Care Contracts; Adding certain Florida Insurance Code provisions to the Office of Insurance Regulation’s authority to regulate providers of continuing care and continuing care at-home; revising requirements for certain persons relating to provider acquisitions; specifying requirements for the office if a regulatory action level event occurs; specifying requirements for certain management company contracts; prohibiting certain actions by certain persons of an impaired or insolvent continuing care facility, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2019 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 1033 (Ch. 2019-160) -SJ 790
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Appropriations -SJ 115
• Introduced -SJ 114
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/11/19, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 195
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 247
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 03/25/19, 4:00 pm, 301 Senate Building
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 265
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/18/19, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 379
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 386
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/02/19
• Read 2nd time -SJ 788
• Substituted CS/CS/CS/HB 1033 -SJ 790
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 1033 (Ch. 2019-160) -SJ 790
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.