CS/HB 7101: Elections
GENERAL BILL by Public Integrity and Ethics Committee ; State Affairs Committee ; Ingoglia ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Thompson
Elections; Requires Secretary of State to provide signature matching training; revises deadlines for voter signature updates for purposes of vote-by-mail & provisional ballots; revises date of primary election; provides requirements for canvassing & counting of vote-by-mail & provisional ballots; revises requirements for department rules governing ballot design; revises size of areas in which voter solicitation is prohibited; provides notice requirements for meetings of county canvassing board.
Last Action: 5/1/2019 House - Laid on Table -HJ 1097
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 483
• Referred to Public Integrity and Ethics Committee -HJ 496
• On Committee agenda-- Public Integrity and Ethics Committee, 03/28/19, 10:30 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by- Public Integrity and Ethics Committee; YEAS 13 NAYS 4 -HJ 552
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Public Integrity and Ethics Committee read 1st time -HJ 550
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 554
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 898
• Amendment(s) adopted (692699) -HJ 898, 905
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 925
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 950
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 1025
• Laid on Table -HJ 1097
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.