The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/CS/SB 1402: Digital Learning
GENERAL BILL by Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations ; Education Pre-K - 12 ; Gardiner
Digital Learning; Providing that Florida Virtual School full-time students who meet specified academic and conduct requirements are eligible to participate in interscholastic extracurricular activities at certain public schools; revising provisions relating to customized and accelerated learning through virtual instruction to include blended learning courses; providing that the Florida Virtual School may provide part-time instruction for students in kindergarten through grade 12, etc.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7063 (Ch. 2012-192), CS/CS/HB 7059 (Ch. 2012-191) -SJ 1151
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education Pre-K - 12 (ED)
- Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations (BEA)
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Budget -SJ 150
• Introduced -SJ 150
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 02/06/12, 3:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 348
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Education Pre-K - 12 read 1st time -SJ 353
• Now in Budget
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations -SJ 485
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations, 02/28/12, 10:45 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations; YEAS 6 NAYS 1 -SJ 743
• Now in Budget -SJ 743
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 754
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 902
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 902
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/09/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1150
• Amendment(s) adopted (257704, 452330, 501436) -SJ 1150
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 7063 -SJ 1151
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7063 (Ch. 2012-192), CS/CS/HB 7059 (Ch. 2012-191) -SJ 1151
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.