CS/CS/SB 2084: State Employment
GENERAL BILL by Budget ; Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Governmental Oversight and Accountability
State Employment; Revising the employment policy of the state system of personnel management; revising provisions relating to employee background screening; revising provisions relating to administrative leave for a service-connected disability; revising the duties of state agencies with respect to the employment of other-personal-services employees; requiring the Department of Financial Services to provide for, rather than authorizing the Department of Management Services to contract for the implementation of, an alternative retirement income security program, etc.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/CS/HB 1261 (Ch. 2012-215) -SJ 1149
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Budget (BC)
• SPB 7196 submitted as a committee bill (SB 2084) by Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Budget -SJ 302
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 02/01/12, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• Introduced -SJ 302
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 02/07/12, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 348
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Budget -SJ 348
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 355
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 02/28/12, 4:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Budget; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 776
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Budget read 1st time -SJ 783
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/09/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1149
• Amendment(s) adopted (201424, 372940) -SJ 1149
• Substituted CS/CS/CS/CS/HB 1261 -SJ 1149
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/CS/HB 1261 (Ch. 2012-215) -SJ 1149
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.