CS/CS/HB 1107: Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Hager ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Renuart
Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund; Revises definition of term "corporation" for purposes relating to Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund; deletes outdated coverage level; revises coverage levels available under reimbursement contract; revises aggregate coverage limits; provides for phase-in of changes to coverage levels & limits; revises exemption of medical malpractice insurance premiums from emergency assessments if certain revenues are determined to be insufficient to fund obligations, costs, & expenses of Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund & Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund Finance Corporation; changes name of Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund Finance Corporation; deletes provisions relating to temporary emergency options for additional coverage.
Last Action: 5/3/2013 House - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 468 (Ch. 2013-66), CS/SB 1770 (Ch. 2013-60)
Location: On 2nd Reading Calendar
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 108
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 199
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/13/13, 9:00 am, 404 HOB --Workshopped
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/28/13, 8:00 am, 404 HOB
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 406
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 401
• Now in Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 413
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee, 04/10/13, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 1 -HJ 473
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 473
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 04/16/13, 9:00 am, 404 HOB
• CS/CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 1 -HJ 691
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 689
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 702
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 468 (Ch. 2013-66), CS/SB 1770 (Ch. 2013-60)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.