CS/SB 1770: Property Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Banking and Insurance
Property Insurance; Amending provisions relating to the Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund; revising the restrictions on public adjuster compensation, payment, commission, fee, or any other thing of value; providing that certain residential structures are not eligible for coverage by the corporation after specified dates; establishing the Office of Inspector General within the corporation; requiring the creation of a clearinghouse program within the corporation, etc.
Last Action: 5/29/2013 - Chapter No. 2013-60, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 1850 (Ch. 2013-61)
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government (AGG)
- Appropriations (AP)
• SPB 7018 submitted as a committee bill (SB 1770) by Banking and Insurance
• Referred to Agriculture; Appropriations -SJ 197
• Original reference(s)- removed: Agriculture
• References corrected to Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government
• Introduced -SJ 197
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government, 03/19/13, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; YEAS 8 NAYS 4 -SJ 241
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 241
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/03/13, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 16 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 363
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/10/13
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 366
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/11/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 415
• Amendment(s) adopted (111266, 140302, 205222, 265722, 295112, 354380, 415424, 446672, 460856, 467934, 583958, 651304, 721264, 764128, 831848, 837382)
• Amendment(s) failed (639430, 835376) -SJ 415
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 421
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 625
• Amendment(s) adopted (420058) -SJ 625
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 24 NAYS 15 -SJ 644
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 920
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/13
• Received -HJ 920
• Read 2nd time -HJ 947
• Amendment(s) adopted (082659) -HJ 960
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 995
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 111 NAYS 6 -HJ 996
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (082659) -SJ 990
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 32 NAYS 1 -SJ 1004
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 1004
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2013-60, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 1850 (Ch. 2013-61)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.