CS/SB 1842: Health Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Banking and Insurance
Health Insurance; Providing that a provision of the Florida Insurance Code applies unless it conflicts with a provision of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA); authorizing the Office of Insurance Regulation to review forms and perform market conduct examinations for compliance with PPACA and to report potential violations to the federal Department of Health and Human Services; requiring the registration of navigators with the Department of Financial Services; repealing provisions related to the Florida Health Insurance Plan; providing for the future repeal of provisions relating to the Florida Comprehensive Health Association, etc. APPROPRIATION: $176,658.00
Last Action: 6/3/2013 - Chapter No. 2013-101, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 648 (Ch. 2013-174)
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Appropriations (AP)
• SPB 7138 submitted as a committee bill (SB 1842) by Banking and Insurance
• Referred to Appropriations
• Introduced -SJ 349
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/18/13, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 481
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 481
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/13
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 498
• Read 2nd time -SJ 541
• Amendment(s) adopted (343188) -SJ 541
• Amendment(s) failed (527092) -SJ 541
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 542
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 561
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 25 NAYS 6 -SJ 561
• Immediately certified -SJ 578
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 826
• Received -HJ 825
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/13
• Substituted for CS/HB 7155 -HJ 844
• Read 2nd time -HJ 844
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 864
• CS passed; YEAS 78 NAYS 36 -HJ 864
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 710
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2013-101, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 648 (Ch. 2013-174)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.