CS/SB 1400: Postsecondary Student Tuition
GENERAL BILL by Education ; Latvala ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Garcia ; Soto ; Simmons ; Richter ; Ring ; Margolis ; Smith ; Abruzzo ; Braynon ; Gibson ; Sobel ; Clemens ; Diaz de la Portilla ; Thompson ; Flores ; Sachs ; Montford ; Bullard ; Joyner ; Grimsley
Postsecondary Student Tuition; Revising the standard tuition and out-of-state fees for workforce education postsecondary programs leading to certain certificates and diplomas and certain other programs at Florida College System institutions; deleting a requirement that the Office of Economic and Demographic Research annually report the rate of inflation to the Governor, the Legislature, and the State Board of Education; requiring a state university, a Florida College System institution, a career center operated by a school district, or a charter technical career center to waive undergraduate tuition for a recipient of a Purple Heart or another combat decoration superior in precedence under certain conditions, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 Senate - Died in Appropriations, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 851 (Ch. 2014-62)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education; Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 112
• Introduced -SJ 112
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/18/14, 8:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education; YEAS 5 NAYS 4 -SJ 305
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 309
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 305
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/01/14, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 7 NAYS 2 -SJ 355
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education -SJ 355
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 04/09/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 5 -SJ 515
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 515
• Died in Appropriations, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 851 (Ch. 2014-62)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.