CS/CS/SB 616: Education Accountability
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Education Pre-K - 12 ; Legg
Education Accountability; Revising the powers of the State Board of Education to require adoption of rules regarding notification forms for grade 3 retention and midyear promotion, and high school graduation requirements and options; removing the requirement that English Language Arts statewide assessments be administered to students in grade 11; authorizing a school district to use district employees to administer and proctor specified assessments; repealing provisions relating to the measurement of student performance in personnel evaluations, etc.
Last Action: 4/1/2015 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7069 (Ch. 2015-6) -SJ 315
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 73
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 02/18/15, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building --Discussed/Workshop
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 03/04/15, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 73
• CS by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 7 NAYS 4 -SJ 192
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education -SJ 192
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 03/19/15, 9:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education Pre-K - 12 read 1st time -SJ 205
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 1 -SJ 227
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 227
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/25/15, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 14 NAYS 1 -SJ 260
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 260
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/01/15
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 268
• Read 2nd time -SJ 314
• Amendment(s) adopted (877970) -SJ 315
• Substituted CS/HB 7069 -SJ 315
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7069 (Ch. 2015-6) -SJ 315
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.