CS/HB 1155: Membership Associations
GENERAL BILL by K-12 Subcommittee ; Eisnaugle ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Mayfield
Membership Associations; Defines "membership association"; requires membership association to file annual report with Legislature; specifies contents of report; prohibits membership association from expending public funds on litigation against state; requires Auditor General to audit membership associations.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 Senate - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7029 (Ch. 2016-237)
Location: On Unfinished Business Calendar
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 97
• Referred to K-12 Subcommittee; Education Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 201
• On Committee agenda-- K-12 Subcommittee, 01/26/16, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by K-12 Subcommittee; YEAS 8 NAYS 4 -HJ 318
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Education Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 322
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/02/16, 1:30 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by K-12 Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 330
• Favorable by Education Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 2 -HJ 385
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 385
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 02/09/16, 12:30 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Education Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 5 -HJ 437
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 437
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/17/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 469
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 493
• CS passed; YEAS 78 NAYS 36 -HJ 493
• In Messages
• Referred to Community Affairs; Education Pre-K - 12; Appropriations -SJ 478
• Received -SJ 478
• Withdrawn from Community Affairs; Education Pre-K - 12; Appropriations -SJ 835
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 835
• Substituted for CS/SB 1426 -SJ 835
• Read 2nd time -SJ 835
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 853
• Temporarily postponed on 3rd reading; On Unfinished Business
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7029 (Ch. 2016-237)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.