CS/HB 7053: Early Childhood Development
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations Committee ; Education Committee ; O'Toole ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Cortes, B. ; Perry
Early Childhood Development; Expanding the list of entities that have access to child abuse records for purposes of approving providers of school readiness services; revising the requirements for the Department of Health to maintain a clearinghouse of information for parents and health care providers and to increase public awareness of developmental evaluation and early intervention programs; establishing the Early Steps Program within the department; requiring the Department of Children and Families and local licensing agencies to electronically post certain information relating to child care and school readiness providers, etc.
Last Action: 4/14/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-238, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 1125 (Ch. 2016-98)
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Appropriations Committee -HJ 134
• Introduced -HJ 134
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 01/27/16, 12:00 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 22 NAYS 0 -HJ 333
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Appropriations Committee read 1st time -HJ 332
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 363
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/10/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 422
• Amendment(s) adopted (430861) -HJ 422
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 444
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 444
• In Messages
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Appropriations -SJ 431
• Received -SJ 431
• Withdrawn from Education Pre-K - 12; Appropriations
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 463
• Substituted for CS/SB 7058 -SJ 463
• Read 2nd time -SJ 463
• Amendment(s) adopted (842916) -SJ 463
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 489
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 489
• Immediately certified -SJ 494
• In returning messages
• Was taken up -HJ 1097
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (842916) -HJ 1105
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 1105
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1105
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-238, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 1125 (Ch. 2016-98)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.