CS/SB 7058: Early Childhood Development
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Education Pre-K - 12
Early Childhood Development; Providing an exception from a prohibition against the use of information in the Department of Children and Families central abuse hotline for employment screening of certain child care personnel; revising the requirements for the Department of Health to maintain a clearinghouse of information for parents and health care providers and to increase public awareness of developmental evaluation and early intervention programs; establishing the Early Steps Program within the department, etc.
Last Action: 2/23/2016 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7053 (Ch. 2016-238), CS/CS/CS/HB 1125 (Ch. 2016-98) -SJ 463
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Appropriations (AP)
• Submitted for consideration by Education Pre-K - 12
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 02/02/16, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building -- Submitted as Committee Bill; YEAS 10 NAYS 0
• Referred to Appropriations -SJ 403
• Introduced -SJ 403
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/18/16, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 434
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 434
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/16
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 439
• Read 2nd time -SJ 462
• Substituted CS/HB 7053 -SJ 463
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7053 (Ch. 2016-238), CS/CS/CS/HB 1125 (Ch. 2016-98) -SJ 463
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.