CS/SB 712: Water Quality Improvements
Water Quality Improvements; Citing this act as the “Clean Waterways Act”; requiring the Department Health to provide a specified report to the Governor and the Legislature by a specified date; transferring the Onsite Sewage Program within the Department of Health to the Department of Environmental Protection by a type two transfer by a specified date; creating an onsite sewage treatment and disposal systems technical advisory committee within the department; requiring the department to adopt rules relating to the underground pipes of wastewater collection systems; requiring basin management action plans for nutrient total maximum daily loads to include wastewater treatment and onsite sewage treatment and disposal system remediation plans that meet certain requirements, etc.
Last Action: 1/24/2020 Senate - Now in Appropriations
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Community Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; Appropriations -SJ 55
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 12/09/19, 4:00 pm, 301 Senate Building
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 133
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government
• Introduced -SJ 54
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 129
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government, 01/22/20, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; YEAS 9 NAYS 0
• Now in Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.