CS/CS/HB 743: Property Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Hood
Property Insurance; Provides that claim for residential property insurance cannot be denied based on certain credit information; provides that policy or contract may not be cancelled based on certain credit information; revises rule requirements relating to property insurance mediation program administered by DFS; provides grounds for challenging umpire's impartiality in estimating amount of property loss; redefines term "neutral evaluator"; specifies grounds for denying, suspending, or revoking approval of neutral evaluator; establishes Homeowner Claims Bill of Rights for personal lines residential property insurance policyholders; provides that such bill of rights does not provide cause of action; defines terms; provides requirements for emergency mitigation repair agreements; requires emergency mitigation contractor to be appropriately certified or to possess contracting license.
Last Action: 4/29/2014 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 708 (Ch. 2014-86), CS/CS/HB 633 (Ch. 2014-123) -HJ 851
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 64
• Introduced -HJ 63
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/11/14, 9:30 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 284
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 282
• Original reference(s) removed: Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 292
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 292
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 04/10/14, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 546
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 544
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 551
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/14
• Substituted CS/CS/SB 708 -HJ 851
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 708 (Ch. 2014-86), CS/CS/HB 633 (Ch. 2014-123) -HJ 851
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.