CS/CS/SB 1512: Education
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Education ; Stargel ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Thrasher ; Gardiner ; Galvano
Education; Authorizing the Auditor General to conduct audits of the accounts and records of nonprofit scholarship-funding organizations; establishing the Florida Personal Learning Scholarship Accounts; revising eligibility requirements for the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship Program; providing standard high school diploma requirements for certain students with disabilities; prohibiting a school district from imposing additional requirements on private instructional personnel or charging fees, etc. APPROPRIATION: $18,400,000.00
Last Action: 5/2/2014 Senate - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 850 (Ch. 2014-184), CS/SB 1642 (Ch. 2014-23)
Location: On Special Order Calendar
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 209
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/11/14, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Discussed/Workshop
• Introduced -SJ 209
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/18/14, 8:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 2 -SJ 304
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 310
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education -SJ 304
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 04/02/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 11 NAYS 1 -SJ 460
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 460
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/22/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 14 NAYS 3 -SJ 698
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 698
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/30/14
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 701
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 1037
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1021
• Amendment(s) failed (849264) -SJ 1021
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 1023
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 850 (Ch. 2014-184), CS/SB 1642 (Ch. 2014-23)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.