CS/CS/HB 243: Discretionary Sales Surtax
GENERAL BILL by Government Accountability Committee ; Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee ; Avila ; Perez ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Diaz, M.
Discretionary Sales Surtax; Requires certain counties, after specified date, to use surtax proceeds for purposes related to fixed guideway rapid transit systems & bus systems; revises authorized uses of surtax proceeds; authorizes certain municipalities, after specified date, to use surtax proceeds for certain purposes; requires specified accountants to conduct performance audits of specified entities holding referendum related to local government discretionary sales surtax; requires OPPAGA to use specified funds to pay for work performed by public accountant; specifies time period within which audit must be completed & made available.
Last Action: 2/15/2018 House - CS/CS by Government Accountability Committee read 1st time -HJ 599
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; Ways and Means Committee; Government Accountability Committee -HJ 27
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee, 12/06/17, 10:30 am, Reed Hall
• CS by Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 261
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Ways and Means Committee -HJ 250
• On Committee agenda-- Ways and Means Committee, 01/09/18, 4:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Introduced -HJ 27
• Favorable by Ways and Means Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 6 -HJ 311
• Now in Government Accountability Committee -HJ 311
• CS by Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 247
• On Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 02/08/18, 9:00 am, Morris Hall --Temporarily Postponed
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 02/13/18, 3:00 pm, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- Government Accountability Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 6 -HJ 600
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 600
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/20/18
• CS/CS by Government Accountability Committee read 1st time -HJ 599
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.