CS/CS/HB 243: Discretionary Sales Surtax
GENERAL BILL by Government Accountability Committee ; Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee ; Avila ; Perez ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Diaz, M.
Discretionary Sales Surtax; Requiring certain counties, after a specified date, to use surtax proceeds for purposes related to fixed guideway rapid transit systems, bus systems, and development of dedicated facilities for autonomous vehicles; authorizing municipalities in certain counties, after a specified date, to use surtax proceeds for certain purposes; requiring performance audits of certain counties or school districts holding a referendum related to local government discretionary sales surtax; requiring the Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability to hire public accountants to conduct such performance audits; specifying a time period within which the performance audit must be completed and made available, etc.
Last Action: 2/21/2018 House - CS passed as amended; YEAS 106 NAYS 7 -HJ 650, 651
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; Ways and Means Committee; Government Accountability Committee -HJ 27
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee, 12/06/17, 10:30 am, Reed Hall
• CS by Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 261
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Ways and Means Committee -HJ 250
• On Committee agenda-- Ways and Means Committee, 01/09/18, 4:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Introduced -HJ 27
• Favorable by Ways and Means Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 6 -HJ 311
• Now in Government Accountability Committee -HJ 311
• CS by Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 247
• On Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 02/08/18, 9:00 am, Morris Hall --Temporarily Postponed
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 02/13/18, 3:00 pm, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- Government Accountability Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 6 -HJ 600
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 600
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/20/18
• CS/CS by Government Accountability Committee read 1st time -HJ 599
• Read 2nd time -HJ 623
• Amendment(s) adopted (870071) -HJ 623
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 650
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 106 NAYS 7 -HJ 650, 651
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.