- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2004 Florida Statutes
State comprehensive plan; revision; implementation.
186.008 State comprehensive plan; revision; implementation.--
(1) On or before October 1 of every odd-numbered year, the Executive Office of the Governor shall prepare, and the Governor shall recommend to the Administration Commission, any proposed revisions to the state comprehensive plan deemed necessary. The Governor shall transmit his or her recommendations and explanation as required by s. 186.007(8). Copies shall also be provided to each state agency, to each regional planning agency, to any other unit of government that requests a copy, and to any member of the public who requests a copy.
(2) On or before December 15 of every odd-numbered year, the Administration Commission shall review the proposed revisions to the state comprehensive plan prepared by the Governor. The commission shall adopt a resolution, after public notice and a reasonable opportunity for public comment, and transmit the proposed revisions to the state comprehensive plan to the Legislature, together with any amendments approved by the commission and any dissenting reports. The commission shall identify those portions of the plan that are not based on existing law.
(3) All amendments, revisions, or updates to the plan shall be adopted by the Legislature as a general law.
(4) The state comprehensive plan shall be implemented and enforced by all state agencies consistent with their lawful responsibilities whether it is put in force by law or by administrative rule. The Governor, as chief planning officer of the state, shall oversee the implementation process.
(5) All state agency budgets and programs shall be consistent with the adopted state comprehensive plan and shall support and further its goals and policies.
(6) The Florida Public Service Commission, in approving the plans of utilities subject to its regulation, shall take into consideration the compatibility of the plan of each utility and all related utility plans taken together with the adopted state comprehensive plan.
History.--s. 3, ch. 67-157; ss. 31, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 8, ch. 72-295; s. 1, ch. 77-306; s. 3, ch. 78-287; s. 6, ch. 84-257; ss. 5, 7, ch. 85-57; s. 23, ch. 93-206; s. 958, ch. 95-147; s. 19, ch. 98-176.
Note.--Former s. 23.013.