The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
Tracker is a free service provided by the Florida Senate. Users can sign up for a Senate Tracker account to track bills, committees, Senators, publications, press releases, videos, speeches, photos and more. Users can view the latest status of tracked items on the Tracker tab and receive notifications via email when events occur related to tracked items.
- Create an Account
- Reset Password
- Track an Item
- Stop Tracking an Item
- Email Notifications
- Manage Account
- Remove Account
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Us
Create an Account
At the top of every page are links where users can register or log in to Tracker:
To create an account, fill in the form fields and click the Create Account button. All fields are required. We recommend that you choose a strong password that is at least 6 characters in length and contains one upper case letter, one lower case letter, and one number or special character.
Once you submit the form, an email will be sent to the email account you entered. That email will contain a link that you must click to activate the account.
Enter the email address and password that you entered when you created or modified your account.
Checking the Remember Me checkbox places a cookie on your computer, which enables this website to recognize you; thus you will not have to log in again unless you manually log out. You should not check the Remember Me checkbox if you are accessing the website on a public computer.
When you are logged in, a Logout link appears at the top of every page. If you are using a public computer, you should log out when you are finished visiting this site to prevent others from viewing or changing your account.
If you cannot remember your password, click the "Forgot Password?" link to reset your password. The reset will only be complete after you click the link in the resulting email message.
Track an Item
Throughout the site, items that can be tracked are indicated with a yellow sun icon . Click the icon to track the related item. The icon will change to red to indicate that the item is being tracked. It is a toggle (on/off) button. Click the red icon to stop tracking the item.
Items that can be tracked include House and Senate bills, Senate Committees and Offices, Senate publications, press releases, speeches, videos, and photos. You can see the latest updates on your tracked items by clicking the Tracker tab.
Stop Tracking an Item
A red icon indicates that the item is being tracked. It is a toggle (on/off) button. Click the red icon to stop tracking the item. The icon will change to yellow to indicate the item can be tracked.
You will receive email updates according to the frequency you indicated in your account preferences. The default value is "Never", which means you will only see updates on the Tracker tab. You can change your email frequency setting at any time by clicking on the Manage Account link.
The Customize Email Frequency page enables users to update the email frequency for individual tracked items. For example, a user can have a default email frequency of "daily" to receive a once daily update on tracked items. The user can also set a custom frequency of "instantly" for a bill to receive instant updates on that bill.
To stop receiving emails, login to Senate Tracker and modify your email frequency to "Never". Replies to Tracker emails will not be received.
To troubleshoot email issues, please see the FAQs below.
You can update your account at any time on the Manage Account screen, including email address changes, first name updates, and email frequency settings. You can also reset your password and remove your account. All account changes generate an email message that contains a link that you must click to activate the change.
To delete your Senate Tracker account, verify the email address and click Remove Account. You will receive an email to confirm the action.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why am I not receiving any email notifications?
- If you have received the confirmation email, but aren't able to click the link, copy the full URL from the email and paste it into a new web browser window.
- If you have not received the confirmation email:
- Check the junk mail folder or spam filter in your email account. It's possible that our emails are being diverted or deleted either through explicit action you've taken or by your email service provider on your behalf. Contact your email administrator to determine if this is the case. Be sure you can receive emails from email@example.com.
- Make sure you entered your email address correctly.
- If you have multiple email addresses, try using a different email with your Tracker account.
- If you still aren't receiving the confirmation email:
- Login to your Tracker account and double-check your email frequency settings on the Tracker Manage Account page to be sure your email frequency is not set to “Never”.
- Check the Tracker tab to determine if any activity occurred on your tracked items that should have prompted an email notification. There is more legislative activity during session and committee weeks and less activity at other times.
- If you're still having trouble, contact Webmaster or call us at (850) 487-5995.
What happens if you don't confirm your email?
If you don't confirm your email address, you won't receive any Tracker email notifications. For example when you track media from a Senator, you will not receive an email when a press release is posted. NOTE: You can update your Email Frequency to never and use the Tracker page on the website to stay up-to-date.
An update occurred to an item I am tracking. Why did I not receive an email?
- Double-check your email frequency settings on the Manage Account page to be sure your email frequency is not set to “Never”.
- Some organizations block emails in an attempt to prevent viruses. Check with your email administrator to make sure your alert is not being held via email security protocols. Be sure you can receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why does the information on the Tracker tab seem out of date?
- Because of the nature of web browsers, specifically the back and forward buttons and browser cache, it may be necessary to use the refresh button (F5) if you are in doubt about the current status of your tracked items.
- A more comprehensive approach would be to clear your browser's local cache. For Internet Explorer, go to tools, internet options, delete temporary files. For Mozilla browsers, go to tools, options, network, clear. If you're still having problems, check with your Internet service provider or technical support staff. Sometimes documents are cached locally on "proxy" servers, which may give you misleading results.
I stopped tracking an item, so why do I still receive updates?
First, be sure the item is no longer being tracked. Because of the nature of web browsers, specifically the back and forward buttons and browser cache, it may be necessary to use the refresh button (F5) to be certain the item is no longer being tracked.
I received an email notification that contained an update on a bill, but when I checked my bills on the Tracker tab, why wasn’t the change listed?
While we do our best to accurately detect changes, the data capture process can be quite volatile during session. It is sometimes possible for changes to occur and then be quickly reversed. The system will detect the change, but for various reasons, may not detect the change reversal. Also, occasionally changes are made to a bill (to correct an error) that may not be reflected in the bill history, but which do trigger an email notification. Follow the link to the item to determine the latest status.
I received an email notification, but the change was not listed on the Tracker tab. Why?
- For Senators, Committees, Offices, and Media: due to the high volume of data that is posted to Flsenate.gov, we only display content posted within the last 7 days on the Tracker Tab. If your email notification is more than 7 days old, the item will no longer be listed on the page. Follow the link from the email to the item to determine the latest status.
- While we do our best to accurately detect changes, the data capture process can be quite volatile during session. It is sometimes possible for changes to occur and then be quickly reversed. The system will detect the change, but for various reasons, may not detect the change reversal. Also, occasionally changes are made to a bill (to correct an error) that may not be reflected in the bill history, but which do trigger an email notification. Follow the link to the item to determine the latest status.
Please direct any technical questions or comments to email@example.com or call (850) 487-5995.