Now Accepting Applications for the 2023 Senate Page Program
The Senate Page Program offers students age 15 to 18 an excellent opportunity to visit the Capitol to observe and participate in the legislative process. The application deadline is November 30, 2022.
The 2022-23 General Appropriations Act
Florida’s 2022-23 balanced budget includes unprecedented K-12 funding, historic state reserves and prioritizes investments in public safety, clean water, and environmental infrastructure.
Every child deserves to grow up in a safe, loving home. The Senate is committed to expanding benefits for foster families and relatives willing to take on the responsibility of raising children who cannot live with their parents.
Keep Florida Free
The Florida Legislature passed and Governor DeSantis signed into law the “Keep Florida Free” joint agenda in response to unlawful federal mandates.
- State Senator Ileana Garcia Proudly Announcing $175,000 in State Funding for the Department of Children and Families’ Casa Valentina ‘Foster Care to Independent Living’ Initiative August 17, 2022 - Press Release by Senator Garcia
- STATEMENT: FL Senate Dem Leader Reacts to Court Blocked Abortion August 16, 2022 - Press Release by Senator Book
- Florida International University Honors State Senator Ileana Garcia at Annual Legislative Reception with Prestigious ‘Champion Award’ for Her Successful Work on Behalf of FIU August 11, 2022 - Press Release by Senator Garcia
- State Senator Ileana Garcia Grants $400,000 of Florida Appropriations to Involuntary Outpatient Services (IOS) Demonstration Project by Miami Foundation for Mental Health, Inc. August 9, 2022 - Press Release by Senator Garcia
- STATEMENT from Florida Senate Democratic Leader Lauren Book on Governor DeSantis' Removal of Elected Democratic State Attorney: August 4, 2022 - Press Release by Senator Book
- State Senator Ileana Garcia Secures $2,000,000 for City of West Miami Potable Water Replacement Project August 2, 2022 - Press Release by Senator Garcia
- State Senator Ileana Garcia to Announce Today $2,000,000 in State Funding She Secured for the Firefighter Cancer Initiative at University of Miami’s Leading Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center July 22, 2022 - Press Release by Senator Garcia
- State Senator Ileana Garcia to Announce $3,000,000 for The Underline, Miami-Dade County’s Revolutionary Multi-Use/Mobility Corridor July 20, 2022 - Press Release by Senator Garcia