Broad-Based Tax Relief
House Bill 7061 delivers tax relief to families and businesses across the state, with sales tax holidays for the upcoming hurricane season, school year, and outdoor activities. The bill also provides relief for affordable housing properties and items that support independent living.
Improving Florida’s Unemployment System
The Senate passed SB 50 by Senator Gruters to prevent unexpected tax hikes on Florida businesses and replenish Florida’s Unemployment Compensation Trust Fund. SB1906 by Senator Brodeur and Senator Stewart would increase the weekly unemployment benefit from $275 to $375.
- Senator Lauren Book Applauds Court’s Vote to Uphold Termination of Parental Rights Policy Which She Helped Shape June 10, 2021 - Press Release by Senator Book
- Senate Democrats’ Statement on Florida’s Budget Signing June 2, 2021 - Press Release by Minority Office
- Senate Democrats Respond to Governor’s Signing of SB 1028 June 1, 2021 - Press Release by Minority Office
- Boyd's Eye View - May 26, 2021 (pdf) May 27, 2021 - Publication by Senator Boyd
- Memorandum Regarding Interim Committee Meeting Schedule (pdf) May 26, 2021 - Publication by President's Office
- State Senator Gary Farmer Speaks out Against the State’s Decision to Cut Unemployment Benefits May 24, 2021 - Press Release by Senator Farmer
- Senate District 39 Newsletter - Ana Maria Rodriguez (pdf) May 19, 2021 - Publication by Senator Rodriguez
- Florida Senate Ratifies Historic Compact with Seminole Tribe May 18, 2021 - Press Release by President's Office