- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2004 Florida Statutes
Bridge electronic navigation protection equipment; duty of pilot.
310.1115 Bridge electronic navigation protection equipment; duty of pilot.--
(1) When a piloted vessel passes under a bridge located in a harbor, in the approaches to a harbor, or in a river, and when electronic navigation protection equipment is available, it is the duty of the pilot or certificated deputy pilot on board to use the electronic navigation protection equipment. If the electronic navigation protection equipment can be utilized only in conjunction with a portable device or devices located on board the piloted vessel, it is the responsibility of the pilot to bring such device or devices on board the piloted vessel and to remove such device or devices upon completion of the pilot's duties aboard the piloted vessel.
(2) In the event that any electronic navigation protection equipment or portable device associated with such equipment malfunctions during the approach of a piloted vessel to a bridge and the bridge is not visible from a distance of at least 2 miles from the piloted vessel, the pilot shall not transit the bridge and shall take any prudent action available to avoid such transit.
History.--ss. 1, 2, ch. 82-126; s. 3, ch. 84-185; ss. 8, 10, 11, ch. 86-280; s. 2, ch. 89-262; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 283, ch. 95-148.