- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2004 Florida Statutes
Motor vehicle services; exemption from code.
624.124 Motor vehicle services; exemption from code.--Any person may, in exchange for fees, dues, charges, or other consideration, provide any of the following services related to the ownership, operation, use, or maintenance of a motor vehicle without being deemed an insurer and without being subject to the provisions of this code:
(1) Towing service.
(2) Procuring from an insurer group coverage for bail and arrest bonds or for accidental death and dismemberment.
(3) Emergency service.
(4) Procuring prepaid legal services, or providing reimbursement for legal services, except that this shall not be deemed to be an exemption from chapter 642.
(5) Offering assistance in locating or recovering stolen or missing motor vehicles.
(6) Paying emergency living and transportation expenses of the owner of a motor vehicle when the motor vehicle is damaged.
For purposes of this section, "motor vehicle" has the same meaning specified by s. 634.011(6).
History.--s. 1, ch. 82-233; s. 1, ch. 86-286; ss. 187, 188, ch. 91-108; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 1, ch. 95-335; s. 24, ch. 2001-281; s. 755, ch. 2003-261.