- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2004 Florida Statutes
Assessable mutual insurers.
628.6011 Assessable mutual insurers.--
(1) An "assessable mutual insurer" is an insurer incorporated in Florida without permanent capital stock which has only policyholders, insureds, or risks located in Florida and which transacts insurance only within Florida. An assessable mutual insurer may be formed only in accordance with part I. Members of the assessable mutual have a contingent liability for discharge of its liabilities as provided in this part. An assessable mutual may be authorized to offer only property, health, and casualty insurance.
(2) The assessable mutual shall not participate in the Florida Insurance Guaranty Association or the Florida Life and Health Insurance Guaranty Association.
History.--ss. 76, 188, ch. 91-108; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 9, ch. 92-328.