- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2013 Florida Statutes
817.801 Definitions.—As used in this part:
(1) “Credit counseling agency” means any organization providing debt management services or credit counseling services.
(2) “Credit counseling services” means confidential money management, debt reduction, and financial educational services.
(3) “Creditor contribution” means any sum that a creditor agrees to contribute to a credit counseling agency, whether directly or by setoff against amounts otherwise payable to the creditor on behalf of debtors.
(4) “Debt management services” means services provided to a debtor by a credit counseling organization for a fee to:
(a) Effect the adjustment, compromise, or discharge of any unsecured account, note, or other indebtedness of the debtor; or
(b) Receive from the debtor and disburse to a creditor any money or other thing of value.
(5) “Person” means any individual, corporation, partnership, trust, association, or other legal entity.
History.—s. 1, ch. 2004-351; s. 1, ch. 2006-136.