- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2013 Florida Statutes
145.10 Property appraiser.—
(1) Each property appraiser shall receive as salary the amount indicated, based on the population of his or her county. In addition, a compensation shall be made for population increments over the minimum for each population group, which shall be determined by multiplying the population in excess of the minimum for the group times the group rate.
|Pop. Group||County Pop. Range||Base Salary||Group Rate|
(2)(a) There shall be an additional $2,000 per year special qualification salary for each property appraiser who has met the requirements of the Department of Revenue and has been designated a certified Florida property appraiser. Any property appraiser who is certified during a calendar year shall receive in that year a pro rata share of the special qualification salary based on the remaining period of the year. The department shall establish and maintain a certified Florida property appraiser program.
(b) In order to qualify for the special qualification salary described in paragraph (a), the property appraiser must complete the requirements established by the Department of Revenue within 4 years after first taking office.
(c) After a property appraiser meets the requirements of paragraph (a), in order to remain certified the property appraiser shall thereafter be required to complete each year a course of continuing education as prescribed by the department. The executive director of the Department of Revenue may, at his or her discretion, waive the requirements of this paragraph for any property appraiser who has reached 60 years of age and who has been a property appraiser for 20 years.
(3) Notwithstanding the provisions of this section or s. 145.19, each property appraiser may reduce his or her salary rate on a voluntary basis.
History.—s. 1, ch. 61-461; s. 1, ch. 63-560; s. 1, ch. 65-356; s. 3, ch. 67-543; s. 2, ch. 67-576; s. 1, ch. 67-594; s. 5, ch. 69-346; s. 15, ch. 73-172; s. 8, ch. 73-173; s. 1, ch. 77-102; ss. 7, 14, ch. 80-377; s. 3, ch. 85-322; s. 62, ch. 86-152; s. 3, ch. 88-175; s. 1, ch. 89-72; s. 857, ch. 95-147; s. 5, ch. 2011-158.