- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2016 Florida Statutes
348.752 Definitions.—As used in this part:
(1) The term “agency of the state” means the state and any department of, or corporation, agency, or instrumentality created, designated, or established by, the state.
(2) The term “authority” means the body politic and corporate, and agency of the state created by this part.
(3) The term “bonds” means the notes, bonds, refunding bonds, or other evidences of indebtedness or obligations, in either temporary or definitive form, which the authority is authorized to issue pursuant to this part.
(4) The term “Central Florida Expressway Authority” means the body politic and corporate, and agency of the state created by this part.
(5) The term “Central Florida Expressway System” means any expressway and appurtenant facilities, including all approaches, roads, bridges, and avenues for the expressway and any rapid transit, trams, or fixed guideways located within the right-of-way of an expressway.
(6) The term “department” means the Department of Transportation.
(7) The term “expressway” has the same meaning as limited access expressway.
(8) The term “federal agency” means and includes the United States, the President of the United States, and any department of, or corporation, agency, or instrumentality created, designated, or established by, the United States.
(9) The term “lease-purchase agreement” means the lease-purchase agreements that the authority is authorized to enter into with the Department of Transportation pursuant to this part.
(10) The term “limited access expressway” means a street or highway specifically designed for through traffic, and over, from, or to which, a person does not have the right of easement, use, or access except in accordance with the rules of the authority governing its use. Such highways or streets may be parkways that do not allow traffic by trucks, buses, and other commercial vehicles, or freeways open to use by all customary forms of street and highway traffic.
(11) The term “member” means an individual who serves on the governing body of the authority.
(12) The term “Orange County gasoline tax funds” means the revenue derived from the 80-percent surplus gasoline tax funds accruing in each year to the Department of Transportation for use in Orange County under s. 9, Art. XII of the State Constitution, after deducting any amounts of said gasoline tax funds previously pledged by the department or the county for outstanding obligations.
(13) The term “State Board of Administration” means the body corporate existing under the provisions of s. 4, Art. IV of the State Constitution, or any successor.
(14) The term “transportation facilities” means and includes the mobile and fixed assets, and the associated real or personal property or rights, used in the transportation of persons or property by any means of conveyance, and all appurtenances, such as, but not limited to, highways; limited or controlled access lanes, avenues of access, and facilities; vehicles; fixed guideway facilities, including maintenance facilities; and administrative and other office space for the exercise by the authority of the powers and obligations granted in this part.
History.—s. 2, ch. 63-573; s. 18, ch. 69-216; ss. 23, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 126, ch. 71-377; s. 56, ch. 2013-15; s. 2, ch. 2014-171.
Note.—Former s. 348.0101.