2016 Florida Statutes
Bonds of the authority.
Bonds of the authority.
348.755 Bonds of the authority.—
(1)(a) Bonds may be issued on behalf of the authority pursuant to the State Bond Act.
(b) Alternatively, the authority may issue its own bonds pursuant to this part at such times and in such principal amount as, in the opinion of the authority, is necessary to provide sufficient moneys for achieving its purposes; however, such bonds may not pledge the full faith and credit of the state. Bonds issued by the authority pursuant to this paragraph or paragraph (a), whether on original issuance or on refunding, shall be authorized by resolution of the members thereof and may be either term or serial bonds, shall bear such date or dates, mature at such time or times, not exceeding 40 years from their respective dates, bear interest at such rate or rates, payable semiannually, be in such denominations, be in such form, either coupon or fully registered, shall carry such registration, exchangeability and interchangeability privileges, be payable in such medium of payment and at such place or places, be subject to such terms of redemption and be entitled to such priorities on the revenues, rates, fees, rentals or other charges or receipts of the authority including the Orange County gasoline tax funds received by the authority pursuant to the terms of any lease-purchase agreement between the authority and the department, as such resolution or any resolution subsequent thereto may provide. The bonds shall be executed either by manual or facsimile signature by such officers as the authority shall determine, provided that such bonds shall bear at least one signature which is manually executed thereon, and the coupons attached to such bonds shall bear the facsimile signature or signatures of such officer or officers as shall be designated by the authority and shall have the seal of the authority affixed, imprinted, reproduced or lithographed thereon, all as may be prescribed in such resolution or resolutions.
(c) Bonds issued pursuant to paragraph (a) or paragraph (b) shall be sold at public sale in the same manner provided by the State Bond Act. However, if the authority shall, by official action at a public meeting, determine that a negotiated sale of such bonds is in the best interest of the authority, the authority may negotiate the sale of such bonds with the underwriter or underwriters designated by the authority and the Division of Bond Finance of the State Board of Administration with respect to bonds issued pursuant to paragraph (a) or solely the authority with respect to bonds issued pursuant to paragraph (b). The authority’s determination to negotiate the sale of such bonds may be based, in part, upon the written advice of the authority’s financial adviser. Pending the preparation of definitive bonds, interim certificates may be issued to the purchaser or purchasers of such bonds and may contain such terms and conditions as the authority may determine.
(d) The authority may issue bonds pursuant to paragraph (b) to refund any bonds previously issued regardless of whether the bonds being refunded were issued by the authority pursuant to this chapter or on behalf of the authority pursuant to the State Bond Act.
(2) Any resolution that authorizes any bonds issued under this section may contain provisions that must be part of the contract with the holders of such bonds, relating to:
(a) The pledging of any part of the revenues, rates, fees, rentals, including any portion of the Orange County gasoline tax funds received by the authority pursuant to the terms of any lease-purchase agreement between the authority and the department, or any part thereof, or other charges or receipts of the authority, derived by the authority, from the Central Florida Expressway System.
(b) The completion, improvement, operation, extension, maintenance, repair, lease or lease-purchase agreement of the system, and the duties of the authority and others, including the department.
(c) Limitations on the purposes to which the proceeds of the bonds, then or thereafter to be issued, or of any loan or grant by the United States or the state may be applied.
(d) The fixing, charging, establishing, and collecting of rates, fees, rentals, or other charges for use of the services and facilities of the Central Florida Expressway System or any part thereof.
(e) The setting aside of reserves or sinking funds or repair and replacement funds and the regulation and disposition thereof.
(f) Limitations on the issuance of additional bonds.
(g) The terms and provisions of any lease-purchase agreement, deed of trust or indenture securing the bonds, or under which the same may be issued.
(h) Any other or additional agreements with the holders of the bonds which the authority may deem desirable and proper.
(3) The authority may employ fiscal agents as provided by this part or the State Board of Administration of Florida may upon request of the authority act as fiscal agent for the authority in the issuance of any bonds that may be issued pursuant to this part, and the State Board of Administration may upon request of the authority take over the management, control, administration, custody, and payment of any debt services or funds or assets now or hereafter available for any bonds issued pursuant to this part. The authority may enter into any deeds of trust, indentures or other agreements with its fiscal agent, or with any bank or trust company within or without the state, as security for such bonds, and may, under such agreements, sign and pledge any of the revenues, rates, fees, rentals or other charges or receipts of the authority, including any portion of the Orange County gasoline tax funds received by the authority pursuant to the terms of any lease-purchase agreement between the authority and the department. Such deed of trust, indenture, or other agreement may contain such provisions as are customary in such instruments, or, as the authority may authorize, including but without limitation, provisions as to:
(a) The completion, improvement, operation, extension, maintenance, repair, and lease of, or lease-purchase agreement relating to the Central Florida Expressway System, and the duties of the authority and others including the department, with reference thereto.
(b) The application of funds and the safeguarding of funds on hand or on deposit.
(c) The rights and remedies of the trustee and the holders of the bonds.
(d) The terms and provisions of the bonds or the resolutions authorizing the issuance of same.
(4) Any of the bonds issued pursuant to this part are, and are hereby declared to be, negotiable instruments, and shall have all the qualities and incidents of negotiable instruments under the law merchant and the negotiable instruments law of the state.
(5) Notwithstanding any of the provisions of this part, each project, building, or facility which has been financed by the issuance of bonds or other evidence of indebtedness under this part and any refinancing thereof is hereby approved as provided for in s. 11(f), Art. VII of the State Constitution.
(6) Notwithstanding any other provision of law to the contrary, on and after July 1, 2012, the authority may not issue any bonds except as permitted under the terms of the memorandum of understanding between the authority and the department as ratified by the authority board on February 22, 2012.
History.—s. 5, ch. 63-573; s. 1, ch. 65-481; s. 2, ch. 68-8; ss. 23, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 28, ch. 73-302; s. 86, ch. 85-180; s. 4, ch. 86-47; s. 290, ch. 92-279; s. 55, ch. 92-326; s. 59, ch. 2000-152; s. 131, ch. 2002-20; s. 37, ch. 2012-128; s. 102, ch. 2012-174; s. 10, ch. 2014-171.
Note.—Former s. 348.0104.