2016 Florida Statutes
501.912 Definitions.—As used in ss. 501.91-501.923:
(1) “Antifreeze” means any substance or preparation sold, distributed, or intended for use as the cooling liquid, or to be added to the cooling liquid, in the cooling system of internal combustion engines of motor vehicles to prevent freezing of the cooling liquid or to lower its freezing point.
(2) “Antifreeze-coolant,” “antifreeze and summer coolant,” or “summer coolant” means any substance as defined in subsection (1) which also is sold, distributed, or intended for raising the boiling point of water or for the prevention of engine overheating whether or not used as a year-round cooling system fluid. Unless otherwise stated, the term “antifreeze” includes “antifreeze,” “antifreeze-coolant,” “antifreeze and summer coolant,” and “summer coolant.”
(3) “Department” means the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
(4) “Distribute” means to hold with intent to sell, offer for sale, sell, barter, or otherwise supply to the consumer.
(5) “Package” means a sealed, tamperproof retail package, drum, or other container designed for the sale of antifreeze directly to the consumer or a container from which the antifreeze may be installed directly by the seller into the cooling system, but does not include shipping containers containing properly labeled inner containers.
(6) “Label” means any display of written, printed, or graphic matter on, or attached to, a package or to the outside individual container or wrapper of the package.
(7) “Labeling” means the labels and any other written, printed, or graphic matter accompanying a package.
History.—s. 3, ch. 78-199; s. 2, ch. 81-318; ss. 4, 5, ch. 89-4; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 61, ch. 92-291.