- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2016 Florida Statutes
559.939 State preemption.—No municipality or county or other political subdivision of this state shall have authority to levy or collect any registration fee or tax, as a regulatory measure, or to require the registration or bonding in any manner of any seller of travel who is registered or complies with all applicable provisions of this part, unless that authority is provided for by special or general act of the Legislature. Any ordinance, resolution, or regulation of any municipality or county or other political subdivision of this state which is in conflict with any provision of this part is preempted by this part. The provisions of this section do not apply to any local business tax levied pursuant to chapter 205.
History.—ss. 1, 2, ch. 88-363; s. 6, ch. 89-296; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 88, ch. 92-291; s. 1, ch. 93-107; s. 5, ch. 95-314; s. 130, ch. 2007-5.
Note.—Former s. 559.927(17).