2016 Florida Statutes
709.2103 Applicability.—This part applies to all powers of attorney except:
(1) A proxy or other delegation to exercise voting rights or management rights with respect to an entity;
(2) A power created on a form prescribed by a government or governmental subdivision, agency, or instrumentality for a governmental purpose;
(3) A power to the extent it is coupled with an interest in the subject of the power, including a power given to or for the benefit of a creditor in connection with a credit transaction;
(4) A power created by a person other than an individual;
(5) A power given to a transfer agent to facilitate a specific transfer or disposition of one or more identified stocks, bonds, or other financial instruments;
(6) A power authorizing a financial institution or broker-dealer, or an employee of the financial institution or broker-dealer, to act as agent for the account owner in executing trades or transfers of cash, securities, commodities, or other financial assets in the regular course of business; and
(7) A delegation of powers by a trustee in accordance with s. 736.0807.
History.—s. 5, ch. 2011-210; s. 2, ch. 2013-90.