2016 Florida Statutes
624.320 Examination expenses.—
(1) Each insurer so examined shall pay to the office the expenses of the examination at the rates adopted by the office. Such expenses shall include actual travel expenses, reasonable living expense allowance, compensation of the examiner or other person making the examination, and necessary attendant administrative costs of the office directly related to the examination. Such travel expense and living expense allowance shall be limited to those expenses necessarily incurred on account of the examination and shall be paid by the examined insurer together with compensation upon presentation by the office to such insurer of a detailed account of such charges and expenses after a detailed statement has been filed by the examiner and approved by the office.
(2) All moneys collected from insurers for examinations shall be deposited into the Insurance Regulatory Trust Fund, and the office may make deposits from time to time into such fund from moneys appropriated for the operation of the office.
(3) Notwithstanding the provisions of s. 112.061, the office may pay to the examiner or person making the examination out of such trust fund the actual travel expenses, reasonable living expense allowance, and compensation in accordance with the statement filed with the office by the examiner or other person, as provided in subsection (1) upon approval by the office.
(4) When not examining an insurer, the travel expenses, per diem, and compensation for the examiners and other persons employed to make examinations, if approved, shall be paid out of moneys budgeted for such purpose as regular employees, reimbursements for such travel expenses and per diem to be at rates no more than as provided in s. 112.061.
(5) The office may pay to regular insurance examiners, not residents of Leon County, Florida, per diem for periods not exceeding 30 days for each such examiner while at the Office of Insurance Regulation in Tallahassee, Florida, for the purpose of auditing insurers’ annual statements. Such expenses shall be paid out of moneys budgeted for such purpose, as for regular employees at rates provided in s. 112.061.
(6) The provisions of this section shall apply to rate analysts and rate examiners in the discharge of their duties under s. 624.3161.
History.—s. 35, ch. 59-205; s. 1, ch. 61-208; s. 1, ch. 63-125; ss. 13, 35, ch. 69-106; ss. 2, 3, ch. 71-46; s. 3, ch. 76-168; s. 1, ch. 77-457; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 30, 37, 809(1st), ch. 82-243; ss. 11, 187, 188, ch. 91-108; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 775, ch. 2003-261.