- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2017 Florida Statutes
(1) Examinations of applicants for licenses as barbers shall be offered not less than four times each year. The examination of applicants for licenses as barbers shall include a written test. The board shall have the authority to adopt rules with respect to the examination of applicants for licensure. The board may provide rules with respect to written examinations in such manner as the board may deem fit.
(2) The board shall adopt rules specifying the areas of competency to be covered by the examination. Such rules shall include the relative weight assigned in grading each area. All areas tested shall be reasonably related to the protection of the public and the applicant’s competency to practice barbering in a manner which will not endanger the public.
(3) The written examination shall be identifiable by number only until completion of the grading process. Each applicant shall be informed of her or his grade on the examination as soon as practicable.
(4) An accurate record of each examination shall be made, and that record shall be kept for reference and inspection following the examination.
History.—ss. 12, 28, ch. 78-155; ss. 8, 13, 15, 25, 30, 34, 62, ch. 80-406; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 6, 7, 19, 20, ch. 85-297; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 397, ch. 97-103; s. 3, ch. 98-323; s. 19, ch. 2009-195.