2017 Florida Statutes
607.0120 Filing requirements.—
(1) A document must satisfy the requirements of this section and of any other section that adds to or varies these requirements to be entitled to filing by the Department of State.
(2) This act must require or permit filing the document in the office of the Department of State.
(3) The document must contain the information required by this act. It may contain other information as well.
(4) The document must be typewritten or printed, or, if electronically transmitted, the document must be in a format that can be retrieved or reproduced in typewritten or printed form, and must be legible.
(5) The document must be in the English language. A corporate name need not be in English if written in English letters or Arabic or Roman numerals, and the certificate of status required of foreign corporations need not be in English if accompanied by a reasonably authenticated English translation.
(6) The document must be executed:
(a) By a director of a domestic or foreign corporation, or by its president or by another of its officers;
(b) If directors or officers have not been selected or the corporation has not been formed, by an incorporator; or
(c) If the corporation is in the hands of a receiver, trustee, or other court-appointed fiduciary, by that fiduciary.
(7) The person executing the document shall sign it and state beneath or opposite his or her signature his or her name and the capacity in which he or she signs. The document may, but need not, contain the corporate seal, an attestation, an acknowledgment, or a verification.
(8) If the Department of State has prescribed a mandatory form for the document under s. 607.0121, the document must be in or on the prescribed form.
(9) The document must be delivered to the office of the Department of State for filing. Delivery may be made by electronic transmission if and to the extent permitted by the Department of State. If it is filed in typewritten or printed form and not transmitted electronically, the Department of State may require one exact or conformed copy, to be delivered with the document, (except as provided in s. 607.1509).
(10) When the document is delivered to the Department of State for filing, the correct filing fee, and any other tax, license fee, or penalty required to be paid by this act or other law shall be paid or provision for payment made in a manner permitted by the Department of State.
History.—s. 3, ch. 89-154; s. 133, ch. 90-179; s. 2, ch. 93-281; s. 1, ch. 97-102; s. 13, ch. 99-218; s. 1, ch. 2003-283.