2018 Florida Statutes
849.35 Definitions.—In construing ss. 849.36-849.46 and each and every word, phrase, or part thereof, where the context permits:
(1) The singular includes the plural and vice versa.
(2) Gender-specific language includes the other gender and neuter.
(3) The term “vessel” includes every description of watercraft, vessel or contrivance used, or capable of being used, as a means of transportation in or on water, or in or on the water and in the air.
(4) The term “vehicle” includes every description of vehicle, carriage, animal or contrivance used, or capable of being used, as a means of transportation on land, in the air, or on land and in the air.
(5) The term “gambling paraphernalia” includes every description of apparatus, implement, machine, device or contrivance used in, or in connection with, any violation of the lottery, gaming and gambling statutes, and laws of this state, except facilities and equipment furnished by a public utility in the regular course of business, and which remain the property of such utility while so furnished.
(6) The term “lottery ticket” shall include every ticket, token, emblem, card, paper or other evidence of a chance, interest, prize or share in, or in connection with any lottery, game of chance or hazard or other things in violation of the lottery and gambling statutes and laws of this state (including bolita, cuba, bond, New York bond, butter and eggs, night house and other like and similar operations, but not excluding others). The said term shall also include so-called rundown sheets, tally sheets, and all other papers, records, instruments, and things designed for use, either directly or indirectly, in, or in connection with, the violation of the statutes and laws of this state prohibiting lotteries and gambling in this state.
History.—s. 1, ch. 29712, 1955; s. 1378, ch. 97-102.