CS/CS/SB 1276: Driver's Licenses/Co. Tax Collectors
GENERAL BILL by Comprehensive Planning, Local and Military Affairs ; Transportation ; Lee
Driver's Licenses/Co. Tax Collectors; provides legislative intent re delivery of driver's license services; authorizes county tax collectors to serve as exclusive agents of HSMV; provides application process for county tax collectors to serve as exclusive agents; creates Cost Determination & Allocation Task Force & establishes duties & responsibilities; provides for development of transition plans to transfer certain responsibilities to tax collectors. Amends 322.02,.135.
Last Action: 5/3/2001 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00951; Read second time -SJ 00999; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00999; House Bill substituted -SJ 00999; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/CS/HB 1121 (Ch. 2001-156)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Transportation; Comprehensive Planning, Local and Military Affairs; Finance and Taxation; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 00138
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 04/05/01, 10:00 am, 309-C
• CS by Transportation; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 00328; CS read first time on 04/11/01 -SJ 00337
• Now in Comprehensive Planning, Local and Military Affairs -SJ 00328
• On Committee agenda-- Comprehensive Planning, Local and Military Affairs, 04/17/01, 10:00 am, 309-C
• CS/CS by Comprehensive Planning, Local and Military Affairs; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00424; CS read first time on 04/19/01 -SJ 00427
• Now in Finance and Taxation -SJ 00424; On Committee agenda-- Finance and Taxation, 04/24/01, 3:00 pm, 37-S
• Favorable by Finance and Taxation; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00466
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government -SJ 00466
• Withdrawn from Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 00652; Placed on Calendar, on second reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00951; Read second time -SJ 00999; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00999; House Bill substituted -SJ 00999; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/CS/HB 1121 (Ch. 2001-156)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.