SB 1596: State University System
GENERAL BILL by Sebesta ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Sullivan ; Miller ; Latvala ; Lee
State University System; creates fiscally autonomous campus of University of South Florida; requires Campus Board of University of South Florida St. Petersburg; requires separate accreditation; provides powers & duties of Campus Board & Campus Executive Officer; provides procedure for preparing budget request; provides for central support services contracts & letter of agreement; excludes certain entities from certain provisions. Amends 240.2011,.527.
Last Action: 5/4/2001 Senate - Died on Calendar, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to SB 1162 (Ch. 2001-170)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 00160
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/26/01, 3:00 pm, 412-K
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 1 -SJ 00270
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education -SJ 00270
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 04/03/01, 3:00 pm, 412-K
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 00305
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 00305
• Withdrawn from Appropriations with subcommittee recommendation -SJ 00313; Placed on Calendar, on second reading
• Died on Calendar, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to SB 1162 (Ch. 2001-170)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.