CS/SB 1610: Funeral & Cemetery Services
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Latvala ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Wasserman Schultz ; Lee ; Sullivan ; Mitchell ; Miller ; Lawson ; Peaden ; Posey ; Cowin
Funeral & Cemetery Services; revises references re need determinations; increases minimum acreage requirements to establish cemetery company; eliminates need determinations for new cemeteries; clarifies provisions governing authorized trust companies, banks, & savings & loan associations; authorizes care & maintenance trust funds to be established with federal savings & loan association holding trust powers in this state, etc. Amends Chs. 470, 497.
Last Action: 5/31/2001 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2001-120
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Banking and Insurance -SJ 00161
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 04/02/01, 2:00 pm, 110-S --Temporarily postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 04/09/01, 12:00 Noon, 110-S --Temporarily postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 04/16/01, 1:00 pm, 110-S
• CS by- Banking and Insurance; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 00397; CS read first time on 04/18/01 -SJ 00402
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00397
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00465; Read second time -SJ 00459
• Read third time -SJ 00538; CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 00539
• Immediately certified -SJ 00549
• In Messages; Received, placed on Calendar, on second reading -HJ 00972; Substituted for CS/HB 991; Read second time -HJ 00972
• Read third time -HJ 01398; CS passed; YEAS 109 NAYS 0 -HJ 01398
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 00661
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2001-120
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.