CS/CS/SB 1672: Welfare Transition
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Commerce and Economic Opportunities ; Lee ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Miller ; Sebesta ; Crist
Welfare Transition; cites act as "Passport to Economic Progress Act"; authorizes Passport to Economic Progress demonstration program in specified areas; requires Workforce Florida, Inc., & CFS Dept. to pursue federal-government waivers as necessary; creates Digital Divide Council in State Technology Office; specifies membership; provides for terms, filling vacancies, & compensation, etc. Amends 445.004,.007. APPROPRIATION: $3,532,500.
Last Action: 6/6/2001 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2001-175
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Commerce and Economic Opportunities; Children and Families; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 00164
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Economic Opportunities, 03/27/01, 2:00 pm, 110-S
• CS by Commerce and Economic Opportunities; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00271; CS read first time on 03/29/01 -SJ 00276
• Now in Children and Families -SJ 00271
• On Committee agenda-- Children and Families, 04/11/01, 1:15 pm, 37-S
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Children and Families; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00356
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services -SJ 00356; On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 04/18/01, upon adjournment of full committee, 309-C
• CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00424; CS read first time on 04/20/01 -SJ 00450
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 00424; Withdrawn from Appropriations with subcommittee recommendation -SJ 00421; Placed on Calendar, on second reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00465; Read second time -SJ 00462
• Read third time -SJ 00550; CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 00550
• Immediately certified -SJ 00640
• In Messages
• Received, placed on Calendar, on second reading -HJ 01434; Read second time -HJ 01488
• Read third time -HJ 02083; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 02084; CS passed as amended; YEAS 111 NAYS 3 -HJ 02087
• In returning messages; Was taken up -SJ 02112; Concurred -SJ 02115; CS passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 02115; Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 02115
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2001-175
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.