CS/CS/SB 428: Community Control
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal Justice ; Smith ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Crist ; Villalobos ; Diaz de la Portilla ; Geller ; Siplin ; Lynn ; Dockery ; Fasano ; Lee ; Sebesta ; Jones ; Constantine ; Miller ; Bullard ; Pruitt ; Bennett ; Dawson ; Argenziano ; Wilson ; Alexander ; Cowin ; Atwater
Community Control; requires that DOC review & verify whether ineligible offender is placed on community control & notify sentencing judge, state attorney, & Attorney General; requires dept. report on ineligible placements to chief judge & state attorney; requires dept. provide annual report to Governor, Legislature, & Supreme Court on placement of ineligible offenders on community control, etc. Amends 948.10, 921.187.
Last Action: 6/12/2003 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2003-142
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal Justice; Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal Justice; Appropriations -SJ 00029
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/12/03, 4:00 pm, 37-S
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00178; CS read first time on 03/13/03 -SJ 00178
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 00178; On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/18/03, 1:30 pm, 110-S
• CS/CS by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 00244; CS read first time on 03/24/03 -SJ 00247
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal Justice -SJ 00244
• Withdrawn from Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal Justice; Appropriations -SJ 00423; Placed on Calendar, on second reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00502; Read second time -SJ 00487
• Read third time -SJ 00549; CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 00549
• In Messages
• Received, placed on Calendar -HJ 00803
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Substituted for HB 1273 -HJ 00976; Read second time -HJ 00977
• Read third time -HJ 01074; CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 01074
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 01163
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2003-142
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.