CS/SB 626: Everglades Forever Act
GENERAL BILL by Natural Resources ; Lawson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Lynn ; Haridopolos ; Peaden ; Cowin ; Posey ; Lee ; Clary
Everglades Forever Act; re-names Everglades Swim Plan as Everglades Long-Term Plan; provides for review by DEP of certain projects & incremental phosphorus reduction measures; requires that initial phase of Long-Term Plan achieve water quality standards re phosphorus criterion in Everglades Protection Area; provides for use of ad valorem tax proceeds; provides schedule for enhancements to Everglades Construction Project, etc. Amends 373.4592.
Last Action: 5/20/2003 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2003-12
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Natural Resources
• Introduced, referred to Natural Resources -SJ 00037
• On Committee agenda-- Natural Resources, 04/14/03, 11:00 am, 37-S --Temporarily postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Natural Resources, 04/15/03, 11:15 am, 37-S
• CS by- Natural Resources; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00425; CS read first time on 04/16/03 -SJ 00433
• Also referred to Appropriations -SJ 00423; Now in Appropriations -SJ 00425
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/22/03, 4:30 pm, 412-K
• Favorable with 6 amendment(s) by- Appropriations; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 00503
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00503
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00646; Read second time -SJ 00640; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00641; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00641
• Read third time -SJ 00673; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00673; Amendment(s) failed -SJ 00673; CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 00673
• In Messages
• Received, placed on Calendar -HJ 00803
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -HJ 00887; Substituted for HB 1893 -HJ 00888; Read second and third times -HJ 00889; CS passed; YEAS 96 NAYS 18 -HJ 00889
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 01057
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2003-12
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.